- (eee emm act) Is software for collecting EM tomographs.
- image window
- An image window consists of two parts: a multidimensional data set
which could be tied to a file or created on the fly and an interface
which allows other applications or the user to manipulate the data
in the data.
- (eye vee eee; an acronym for Image Visualization Environment)
Is a set of software libraries and supporting executables to facilitate
development of image processing and analysis applications.
- Is a synonym for image window except when
used in "Monitor 0". "Monitor 0" refers to the entity responsible for
creating image windows.
- (pronounced the same as prism or for the hip, pree sym) Is
a collection of tools for image processing, analysis, and visualization
with an emphasis on handling data from wide-field 3D optical microscopy
and EM tomography.
- Refers to one of the separate channels in a data set. It is an
abbreviation for wavelength though the data for a wave may not
correspond to that observed in a single wavelength band (for instance
it could represent a difference or ratio or a different modality like
modified March 15, 2003
IVE Development Team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Macromolecular Structure Group, UCSF (http://msg.ucsf.edu)